27/08/2012

Breaking The Curse, 9


Today was an important date to Team Dark Stallion. All of us came to an agreement that if we scrubbed again it was time to call quits on team tourney. It wasn’t worth the time. Although it sounds as if we are a team formed for only a sole purpose (winning), we needed that motivation and desperation to propel our game. At least, I needed to that sort of environment. I’m familiarly new in the competitive scene and I am thirsty for better credentials. All and all, let us get started with the tournament report. 

Asia Plus Qualifiers
Format: 3 Rounds of Swiss cut to Finals (Asia Advance)
Deck Used: Teleport Hieratics

ROUND 1 (Agents Angel, LCW)

Yes, LCW plays Yugioh. No joke. 
 
GAME 1: I controlled the board with Gaia Dragoon and Koa’ki Meiru Drago for quite awhile until he showed me Dark Hole and continued with an Archlord Krystia. Is this a sign for me to get myself prepared to combat the bullshit Agents have in them once again? Yes sir, it is. Proceed to Game 2.

GAME 2: Once again I held my ground with Drago. Rush for damage with Drago, Psychic Commander, and Krebons only to meet Dark Hole. He summoned Master Hyperion to deal some damage. Tried to do some stunts but was killed by expected Herald of Orange Light. I summoned Eset to prevent me from taking more severe damage so I could turn the tables when I was given the chance but during his turn he showed me Electric Virus grabbing my Eset. That was cool until he summoned fucking Victoria. Offered a  handshake and scrub. I was holding Wattaildragon, Hanzo, and when I checked my next draw it was Lightpulsar Dragon. I had REDMD in my grave and Hanzo as fodder. LOL!

                                         
XX

TEAM RESULTS:
Leader (Sean): O
Player A (Izzat): X
Player B (K’yde): X

(0-1)

Now that wasn’t a very motivational start ain’t it? 

ROUND 2 (Dark World, Yap Zian)

I was rather nervous with this one. The thought of constant Dragged Down and Card Destruction haunted me for quite awhile until I managed to regain my balls of steel. 

GAME 1: He set two cards and ended. I was holding Eset, Su, Seal of Convocation, REDMD, Hanzo, and I drew into Night Shot. Needless to say it was time to fulfill the responsibilities of that given hand cards. OTKed him with Gaia Dragoon, Gaia Dragoon, REDMD, and Wattaildragon. I was fucking relieved. 

GAME 2: I played cautiously the first two turns to check out what he has. When I confirmed he had no staples or such cards, it was time to play with comfort. I made Force Focus and Void Ogre Dragon to control the board. All of that came from Hanzo. It came to a point where he managed to get his hands on double Grapha with no Gates. Void Ogre went to Hell, dude Exceed into Heliopolis to kill my Force Focus but was met with a Damage Step Forbidden Lance. The next turn was basically GG.

OO

TEAM RESULTS:
Leader (Sean): O
Player A (Izzat): X
Player B (K’yde): O

(1-1)

There was still a chance for us to make the cut at this point. All the sudden we got a bye for round 3 and that was kind of confusing but we got no choice but to wait out. It was slightly annoying to be put in a position whereby your future is decided by another person’s failure. 

O
(2-1)

ROUND 4 (Dark World, Yap Zian)

Somehow Dark Stallion made the top cut and it was a rematch of Round 2’s game. With mixed feelings I went into the finals with nothing in mind but to win. As mentioned earlier, this was Team Tri-Cat’s revenge match and the crowd was basically buying them to win today’s qualifiers. That’s a good thing to know before your match starts. LOL!

This match was no different from round 2. Hanzo and Emergency Teleport put in a lot of work when I had no way to close the game quickly. It was Gaia Dragoon, Force Focus, Void Ogre Dragon, and Stardust all the way. Yap Zian played well but I do not scrub to Dark World. I had plenty of time to train against them last year and at that time I actually scrubbed plenty of times against DW. But no longer that the case, I finished first and was playing the waiting game once again. Sean played a fucking amazing finals and drew Godlike. 

OO

TEAM RESULTS:
Leader (Sean): O
Player A (Izzat): X
Player B (K’yde): O

(3-1)

So, Dark Stallion won today and I guess that means we are not meant to disband. We bumped heads against each other often but at the end of the day we each knew what was important to get us through thick and thin. Congrats to my teammates for fighting to the end and we shall prepare for the real deal while waiting for other teams to qualify. That is all for today. I will be playing this variant of Hieratics for the rest of the year and I am currently taking time to experiment on a built that utilizes Deep Sea Diva. If you are interested in the deck list do leave a comment or so and I’ll write a post about it. Thank you for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Want to see tele-hieratics decklist *drools*
    I assume it would be like search & ss tfeni > e-tele krebons & sync for void ogre dragon or other lvl 8 synchros.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will look into posting up a deck list and explanation. :)

      Delete
  2. Would love to see ur build, tested out alot with teleport and always found myself with krebons or commander in hand only to draw dead teleports^^ But i played without hanzo, guess that does not realy help^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a post about it sometime soon. :)

      Delete