12/09/2012

And If You Integrate Over How Much We Could Conceivably Drink, You'll See That My Chances Of Sleeping With You Aren’t Imaginary



Ignore the red panda. He’s high as fuck. This calls for some sense of urgency. So, I woke up after a good rest from pulling another all-nighter and guess what news I receive? Malaysia is no longer playing under the Asia Advanced format. Yes, we are now allowed to use promos from Shonen Jump, Duel Terminal, and so on. I am not sure if this is Konami Asia’s doing or our country’s main distributor’s idea of pushing Yugioh to a higher level of competitiveness either way the Meta and game has taken a drastic change. First things first, I hereby humbly eat back my words of not investing in promos. Previously, players in Malaysia have everything to lose when they invest on promos. Lack of profits, low return of investments, and most importantly you cannot use them in official tournaments. But right now, as many will call, Malaysia has entered a new era in competitive Yugioh.

Rest assured that our Meta will be VERY similar to the Japanese Meta IF this news is true. According to sources, this new policy is effective immediately. So, what the fuck is happening? Honestly, I do not comprehend and I see no point in disagreeing with what is going on at the moment. Having said that, what I am interested in observing is the level of competitiveness after this policy applies. Will the top players become better players or will Random Randys benefit from this event? At the very least, my unanswered wish to make Sacred Ptolemys Messier 7 an official card has received a reply. With that, I’m pretty sure I can pilot Hieratics to the next level. Fuck, I forgot about Gustav Max and Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis. LOL! This is a whole new game field people. Not to mention, we will see an increase in demand and price for promos. 

Going back to the topic, to all my Malaysian readers, if this new policy does end up becoming true than with all due respect get ‘em fucking promos. You have everything to lose if you don’t play them as of now. It’s legal for official tournament use, what more do you need? No one brings knives to gunfights. Well, you bring both. Anyhow, there will be more crazy and nasty combos to perform now. The question remains, how well will the majority of players here survive in the competitive scene? Worst case scenario, players might even start quitting the game once again due to the pressure they face. Certainly, good players will continue to become better players under this high level of competitiveness. I look forward in observing the results and to compete at the next level. I’m not sure if this policy has been implemented on other countries that play under the Asia Advance format. Do let me know if your countries are undergoing the same change. That’s all for today folks! Remember to play smart, fight hard, or go home a loser! Thank you for reading!

*Cards from DT03 onwards are still forbidden in Asia. Sorry for the confusion! My bad.*

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the lift of an unjustified ban.

    Summon AIRMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and congrats to you too! :D

      Yes, summon Airman and win!!!

      Delete
    2. I said I would not join any official competitions until Konami lift this ban. As long as a damn single promo card is not allowed, I am not going to swallow my words. No Barkion, no game.

      I just wonder whether I will have time to play when finally all bans are lifted.

      Delete
    3. I see. I suppose you're gonna have to wait for awhile longer man. God knows when Konami Asia are gonna lift the DT03 onwards ban. Honestly, i don't see the point. Unbanned some, leave the rest banned. What the fuck really.

      Delete