07/10/2012

Mr Chow Says "You Had A Bad Day? Did You Die?"


Saturday is Yugioh day! Well, things are back to routine for me. I must say breathing in more oxygen does make a difference and today’s outing has gotten my body back to normal functions. Aside from all the non-smoking progression, I managed to catch up on Malaysia’s Yugioh growth after the announcement of promo legality (been out of touch for nearly a month.) I must say half of what I wrote remains true and Heroes are flooding the scene fast. Wind-Ups are getting a lot of hype, plenty of talk and excitement revolving around them so it is safe to assume their dominance once Extra Pack 2012 comes into play. Play-testing and brushing back my skills was my main concern today. I did some intense training with my teammates and Mike from Dueling Legacy. Thanks to that I realize a few things with Hanzo Hieratics. 

The survival of Hanzo Hieratics in this format is not exactly a big deal. Whether they see play or not doesn’t really matter since the less they see play, the better it becomes for me. LOL! Talking about Hanzo Hieratics, with the format fast approaching into a Turn-One-Raioh-Opening-Play, starting with Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo in your hand isn’t exactly as solid as the previous format (even if you take Turn 1.) In the previous format, opening with Hanzo in Hieratics was one of the most consistent and powerful plays but as we approach the new format things have taken a new trip. Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation is a beast, still a beast, but not as wild as it was. Plus 1800 ATK is no longer big enough to protect and ensure a successful power play. Also, I doubt the Hanzo-Transformation duo does much against Mermails and Wind-Ups. Forgive me as I was absent in the new format for nearly a month, if I realize this a ‘lil too late. 

Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation plays was pretty easy to disturb last format and it has become even easier to break that play this format with so many Gemini Sparks, MSTs, and similar cards around. Not to mention staring down a Raioh when you have Hanzo in hand. So, in many ways Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo has become a sub-par card this format together with Super-Transformation. It takes up 5-6 of your Main Deck slots but no longer as good as before. FUCK! I like Hanzo a lot but I have to admit he isn’t doing much good in this format and I want to run a Hieratic variant that has a fair amount of DARK monsters so I can perform more selfish Chaos plays with Lightpulsars and everybody’s best friend BLS to OTK others. In many ways, going Chaos with Hieratics is the only path for me to walk at the moment. Sounds about right (or not?)

I am currently wrecking my brain trying to come with a suitable replacement for Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo and the only two DARK monsters I can think of is Doomcaliber Knight and Breaker the Magical Warrior. Both come with a nifty 1900 body and they both do pretty good stuff. DCK can negate monster effects, baits plenty of stuff, and replaces Effect Veiler in the deck while you have the option to run Maxx “C” as your number one hand trap. Though it is easy to play around Doomcaliber, he has proven to be a good one-for-one from time to time. However, still a situational card. In the case of Breaker, starting off with him and a MST in hand pretty ensures Eset plays for me during the next turn. Baits stuff as usual while having suicidal tendencies with Raioh and Another Neos. At this point, I’m crazy enough to consider BF-Sirocco the Dawn as an option just to run over 1900 beaters and to fuel my Graveyard with DARK elements. Will it be Doomcaliber, Breaker, or the jokingly Sirocco? Your comments are much appreciated!

                                     "Fear Not! My Mighty 2k Dark Powers Are The Shits!"

This ended up becoming another long post. Guess I’m starting to get my muse back. Let me know what you think with DCK and Breaker. If you have better suggestions, please feel free to enlighten me. It doesn’t hurt me to try out new stuff. Photon Thrashers seems like a good inclusion but I don’t know I am in a weird state of mind right now. This is pretty much everything I have to say today. Thank you for dropping by and stay tune for more updates!


14 comments:

  1. I have found out over a month of testing that prophecy has a great match up with heros. I've even best dino and windup with them more then once. In fact I just went undefeated in a small tourney beating hero, hero bubble beat and dragunity. You should check them out.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prophecy hasn't made any memorable impact in Malaysia and i had my hands full with Atlantean Mermails. But i think its about time for me to look into them seriously. Thank you for your suggestion! And congrats on doing well in that tourney! :)

      Delete
    2. Problem with those is the over-reliability to search the deck, and Raioh is goddamn popular this format.

      Delete
    3. Exactly. Running a deck that literally dies to a single card doesn't leave a nice aftertaste.

      Delete
  2. Why not just side Cyber Dragon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of Heroes and Agents players in my Meta main T-Kings so staring down a Turn-1-Raioh with a deck that relies on searching out combo pieces isn't exactly ideal if you want to survive competitively. I need outs for Raiohs and winning Game 1 is really important thus why the pondering on techs that are capable of dealing with T-Kings easily.

      Delete
  3. for hieratics, they really need to have many backrow hate. thats why for me, i'd rather use breaker since it baits out warnings, bth and torrents. then you can proceed to go with tefnut + su. One thing im checking out now as tech is solar wind jammer. still testing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been testing out Solar Wind Jammer and Ghost Ship in Hieratics as well. I like both cards but Ghost Ship seems to be slightly better when it comes to combo flexibility. Though drawing it early when you don't have any LIGHT targets in your Graveyard kinda sucks. Yeah, was thinking it should be Breaker since he gives a better opening play. 1900 and the ability to pop cards when i need to.

      Delete
  4. Play Sirroco, or maybe even play Zephyros + Plaguespreader and Foolish Burial XDDDD Zephyros in Grave + REDMD in field (effect already used) = Bounce REDMD, Activate effect again = Almost like a legal Ally Genex Birdman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my opponents would flip the table when if i really main Sirocco to counter 1900 beat-sticks. They summon Raioh or Allius during first turn and i reply with a 2k big bird. Damn...Hehehe!

      Delete
    2. Show Sirocco some love XD Even BF players (like me) already cut him.

      At least you could find some use for him :D

      Delete
    3. I'm desperate to replace Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo for a card that would give me better chances in Game 1 against the horde of Raiohs. And yes, Sirocco does look like an option. Level 5, Dark, and 2k. LOL!

      Shit just got real! It was meant to be a joke. :D

      Delete
  5. Moreover, Sirocco is not even close to a joke. It makes Volcanusarus (don't know how to spell), and it kills Raioh.

    Of course, Tofeni Dragon is always effective against the 1900 beaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem with Tofeni/Tefnuit is the drawback of not being able to attack the turn you Special Summon it and prone to traps like BTH. I've been considering Sirocco's plus points a lot against Raiohs and, yeah, its getting closer to becoming real than a joke.

      Level 5, 2k attack, DARK, and can be normal summon or set when i don't control a monster. A lot of plays you can come up with when taken a closer look.

      Delete