08/07/2012

Breaking The Curse, 5


Top Shop season is in the house and every capable duelist in Malaysia once again challenges the ranks of this major tournament. My idol is Andrew Ng as I regard him as the best duelist in Malaysia. I want to grow up to be like him. He is so pro! LOL! Alright, I am done with the random introduction. It’s an inside joke, few of you might get it. On the serious side, a series of Qualifier Tournaments has already begun to take its path and this week I decided to spend some time in locals as I am bored as hell with other aspects of my life. All and all, here is another one of my tournament report. 

Top Shop Qualifiers
Format: Swiss 4 Rounds (Asia)

ROUND 1 (INZEKTORS, Muhammad Izzat)

Izzat is a team mate of mine for the upcoming Asia Plus Team Tournament. So, naturally, there will be more jokes then serious plays when we meet against each other. At least, that’s what I did. Anyhow, this is how the first round of my tournament went.

GAME 1: I concede because I drew nothing and he had a decent field ready to combat my onslaught. 

GAME 2: He concedes. I showed him how and what self-touching with Hieroglyphs means. 

GAME 3: I concede again. Drew double Vanillas and minimum outs against his stable field. 

XOX
(0-1)

ROUND 2 (CHAOS DRAGONS, I forgot your name sorry.)

GAME 1: He started off with the usual Trooper mills, set a card and end turn. I opened with Su, Eset, Tefnuit, REDMD and MST. I drew into Forbidden Lance. Popped his back-row which turns out to be a Torrential Tribute and proceed to self-touch. He couldn’t cope with the onslaught and I finished this game with double Gaia Dragoon, Focus Force, and REDMD. Off to game 2.

GAME 2: My opponent had a relaxed expression and I read Future Fusion. Future Fusion goes off and he summons a Card Trooper for further Graveyard feeds. This time he did not have a set card. I was holding Lightpulsar Dragon, Su, Tefnuit, Effect Veiler and Monster Reborn. I draw into a Raigeki Break. I paused for a bit to consider my options. So, I decided to go for the kill. Special Summoned Tefnuit, tribute it to Special Summon Su and Wattdragon. Popped his Future Fusion. The combo continued till I had double Gaia Dragoon, dead REDMD and Ancient Sacred Wyvern on the field. That was good enough for game.

OO
(1-1)

ROUND 3 (HIEROGLYPHS, I forgot your name sorry.)

GAME 1: I started off by summoning a Hanzo, grabbing Super-Transformation, set Lance and Transformation then ended. My opponent played Reasoning. I was dumb-fucked by his move! I sat there for a minute and considered the chances. I declared Level 6. My opponent milled off a Seal of Gathering and followed up with a Su. I took a deep breath and thank God for the luck he has given me. My opponent went on with summoning an Eset Dragon, tribute it off for Nebthet, and I flipped up Super-Transformation. To my surprise, he chained Mystik Wok on his Nebthet to score a vanilla and 2k Life Points! He ended and I drew into a REDMD. So, it was show time naturally. Funny thing was my opponent conceded without thinking and I was sure I wouldn’t be able to pull off 10k worth of damage at that turn. Lack one card to go over the 10k line damage. But, yeah, life goes on.

GAME 2: Sided Koa’ki Meiru Drago and funny enough I opened with it. My opponent did nothing and ended. I summon Drago and from there on it was all I needed to close the match. One Drago to rule them all!

OO
(2-1)

ROUND 4 (HIEROGLYPHS, Atta)

I don’t quite how this match when out. Game 1 was a straight-forward story whereby I displayed some stunts which amused quite a few audiences. I remember my opponent playing a hybrid deck which combines the standard strategies with tech Inferno Reckless Summon. Overall, it was the same story as the previous match. One Drago to rule them all! 

(3-1)

By the end of Swiss round, I placed 4th in the scoreboard and it seems pretty good. Though to be honest I was aiming to play a casual tournament to further learn how to fully utilize my new built. So far, everything has been running well and the deck is certainly amazing to me compared to my previous versions. So, off to Top 8 match-up. 

TOP 8 (OFFERING MACHINA GADGETS, Xiao Shen)

I’m not sure if I spelled his name correctly. Too tired to remember all the details but a few of this match’s highlights are the level of chain links applied was damn well fun and I survived an outright Limiter Removal OTK maneuver  with a sole Forbidden Lance continuing to bring the match to a stalemate position. Though I did lose because of a crucial misplay. The final moments of this match was having Machina Fortress and Geargiganto X slapped in my face and I misplayed by summoning a third monster on the field while I had REDMD and Lightpulsar Dragon which would have meant a Chaos Dragon REDMD+Pulsar Loop but instead I made a Photon Streak Bouncer due to my own genius moments. He top-decked a Mirror Force which subsequently killed my Bouncer. But it what’s important was that it was a fun match. 

That’s all for today’s post. I couldn’t be like my idol today! It’s so sad. LOL! To Andrew, I’m gonna stop with this gay jokes. Like seriously. Going back to the conclusion, Lightpulsar Dragon works in Hanzo Hieratics if you know what you’re doing but I do agree it highly depends on what the player piloting Hanzo Hieratics want. I was looking for a pseudo soft-lock that REDMD and Pulsar produces. The immense pressure both of those cards emit is very much effective and it will cause your opponents to be held down by the fact that the loop is possible and staring them in the face. Overall, Lightpulsar proves to be a great fallback card in Hanzo Hieratics. Again, that is my opinion. I’ll be taking a few days break off Yugioh to spend time on other aspects of my life. Next week is when shit gets serious. Here comes the end of today’s report and hopefully you have gotten something from it. Remember to play smart, fight hard or go home a loser. Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments: