15/07/2012

Breaking The Curse, 6


I had some free time in hand today and decided to go ahead to make another attempt to qualify for Top Shop tournament. As usual I am running Hanzo Hieratics as that is the only deck I own at the moment. I’d probably figure out what to switch into or get a second deck after the September 2012 banned list is announced but for now ninjas and dragons will do the job for me. Without further delays, let’s get into the tournament report. 

Top Shop Qualifiers
Format: 4 Rounds Swiss (Asia)
Deck Used: Hanzo Hieratics

ROUND 1 (HANZO LAGGIA, Mohd Aliff)

Conspiracy happened. Nothing to do here. We made a deal and today he’ll be my soldier. LOL!

O
(1-0)

ROUND 2 (HANZO HIERATICS, Zack Teoh)

I was hoping not to meet a mirror match this early in the stage but life goes on.

GAME 1: The usual draw and pass until you farm everything you had. I attempted to rush him with Gaia Dragoon and Su but that wasn’t enough to do any real damage. Zack smoothly OTKed me the next turn as I don’t have enough outs to his onslaught.

GAME 2: The same thing happened. Draw, farm and pass. We were both waiting for our opponent to make a move but neither wants to commit. I got tired of waiting and went for my shenanigans but was countered by his Veilers. Gaia Dragoon and Wattaildragon push some damage in. The next turn was basically GG. 

XX
(1-1)

ROUND 3 (DNA Gadgets, I forgot your name sorry)

This was one of the weirdest deck I’ve seen after a long time. The usual scenery was bugs and bugs but this guy showed me something new. It wasn’t good, just new. Going into the details of the match.

GAME 1: He summoned Yellow Gadget, searched, set a back-row and ended. Now I am left wondering if this guy drew a bad hand or he had plenty of hand traps to counter me. Everyone knows I play Hanzo Hieratics because that’s the only deck I’ve played for the past months. So, I drew for my turn. I got REDMD. I was holding MST, Su, Tefnuit, Seal of Gathering, and Nebthet. LOL! I went ahead and popped his back-row, it was a Solemn Warning. So, I did my shenanigans and had a field of double Gaia Dragoon, Focus Force, and REDMD. He had no Veilers, no Scarecrows, and no Tragoedias. Let me quote Baha, “I don’t Exceed every turn. I Exceed one turn and people die.” The best shit I heard for awhile now. He is indeed the grandmaster.

GAME 2: The dude started by summoning Green Gadget, searched, set double back-rows and passed. I guess he must have sided plenty of hate against me. It’s ok I have Hanzo! Summon Hanzo and search Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation. I attacked and flipped up Waboku. WTF! Set Super-Transformation and Heavy Storm, end turn. My opponent summoned Red Gadget and END TURN! Again, I was like WTF! My turn, drew another Hanzo. Summon it and proceed to Battle Phase. I met another Waboku! This is depressing. Set Transformation and ended! Yellow Gadget emerges and for the love of this game my opponent flipped DNA SURGERY ON ME DECLARING DINOSAUR! He paused for a bit and I gave him the puzzled look. He took it to Battle Phase and said Damage Calculation, I was even more confused, he showed me Limiter Removal! HUH?! I pointed at his DNA Surgery and he tried to replay but I told him it’s a tournament. He went into Main Phase 2,double Super-Transformation time! Took Lightpulsar and Su out. It was game from there. I’ve been mind fucked…

OO
(2-1)

ROUND 4 (INZEKTORS, Dexter Wee)

I’m going to say this here and if you are reading my blog then learn from this post. I know you tried to foil stack me and you looked at my deck while shuffling. I warned you on it and you made no attempts to stop but it’s cool since this is not a major tournament. I am not accusing you or imagining things. Others seen it and warned me but I told them it’s alright. Do not do it again and for your information my deck cannot be stacked accurately. So, don’t waste time cheating and put more effort into sharpening your skills. Be a fuckin’ man and play fair.

GAME 1: He stacked me, I warned him but he acted as he didn’t hear me so the best way to teach him a lesson is to send him home. I had Su, Tefnuit, REDMD, Seal of Gathering and MST in hand. He summoned some bugs, I don’t remember which one, set a double back-rows and end turn. I drew into Heavy Storm. Karma much? You know what happened next. I made double Gaia Dragoon, REDMD, and Focus Force. Proceed to game 2.

GAME 2: Stack again. LOL! He set two cards and ended. My opening hand was Tefnuit, Seal of Gathering, Eset, MST and Card Car D. My turn, I drew into Heavy Storm again! So, naturally, he met the best shit for an OTK-based deck. Summon Car D, no Veiler, so I plus 1. Guess what? I drew into REDMD and Lightpulsar Dragon. He summoned Centipede, equip Gruf and search for Damsel. He made a Crimson Shadow attack for 2400, set one card and end. My turn to draw, I drew a Macro Cosmos. Made Gaia Dragoon and Photon Streak Bouncer, attack, set MST and Macro. From this point on it doesn’t matter anymore because I had Macro and Bouncer. He had no answer. Again, Karma? 

OO
(3-1)

The Swiss round ended. Waited a bit for the results and I placed 2th. This time instead of cutting to Top 8 the tournament organizer Paul decided to cut to Top 4. Whatever it is I am thirsty and I need to start proving my abilities more. So, off to Top 4. Here comes the twist of the day.

TOP 4 (INZEKTORS, Dexter Wee)

Yes, I am playing the same guy I defeated during the last round of Swiss. I won’t be writing a report for this match as Mike for Dueling Legacy recorded this match and apparently it was 36 minutes long. Or longer. I don’t remember. Credits to Mike for the video! It will probably be up by tomorrow or a day later. If you see any questionable plays, I’ll just state my point here, the dude did the same stunts again and my main focus was to fuck with his mind as much as I can. Excuse my language readers. I am sorry for that.

(4-1)

FINAL (CHAOS DRAGONS, Siao Sian)

This guy was the one who defeated me last week in Top 8 with Machina Gadgets and this time around he bested the only guy who won against me, Zack Teoh. I’ve no problem with Siao Sian as we click pretty well but I needed my revenge match. Yeah, I am desperate to take this one home. Mike didn’t recorded a video because his hands were too tired after the Top 4 match. LOL! 

GAME 1: I don’t remember all the details of Game 1. He started off with Card Trooper milling into good stuff during the first turn. The match when to a point where he did his shenanigans and ended up with a field of Card Trooper, Ryko, Chaos Sorcerer, and REDMD but he misplayed so the OTK failed. Apparently he had BLS in his hand and forgot to summon it to go for game. He miscalculated the damage I suppose. He left me with 800LPs. With no other choice, I countered back with my own OTK which consists of double Gaia Dragoon, Focus Force, and REDMD. I popped his REDMD with Nebthet, was baiting his Veiler, but he didn’t had any. Before going into the second Gaia Dragoon, I made Volcasaurus to burn his Chaos Sorcerer. Match point and game! Proceeding to Game 2.

GAME 2: I opened the nuts and I am not even going to lie about it. He went first and summoned a Lyla to feed his Graveyard, ended with only a Lyla on the board. I was holding double REDMD, Tefnuit, Eset, Seal of Gathering and I drew into Lightpulsar Dragon. I went for my OTK maneuver. He Veiler my first Atumus but I have double REDMD so I was pretty much GG from there. Shook his hand and congratulated him for making to the finals. It was a well-played match and if he had not misplayed during the first game things might not have ended up the same. Can’t say for sure but it was definitely going to be a tough match for both sides.

OO
(5-1)

I broke the curse this week and won. Finally qualified for Top Shop and now I can focus on team tournament. This week I manage to be like my idol, Andrew Ng. He is the best duelist in Malaysia to me and I want to grow up to be like him. I am proud to be able to take the first step in my quest to be like Andrew Ng. LOL! Nah, I’m joking. This will be the last time you see me write shit like that. To Andrew, chill bro. We have come to the end of today’s post. I’ll make sure to write more articles regarding the banned lists and to review Abyss Rising’s rest of the bunch. So far, Forbidden Garments and Mental Pollution is one of the best things this set has to off. Aside from Gagaga Gunman, Unification of the Country and Dying Sympathy looks pretty good as well. Not forgetting Memory of a Friend. Abyss Rising is going to be an exciting set. Stay tuned! Remember to play smart, fight hard, or go home a loser. Thanks for dropping by!



14 comments:

  1. Good Guy Dexter, stack storm for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he should be a new meme. "I stack my opponent. I draws Storm." LOL!

      Delete
  2. I don't think Forbidden Garments is even that good, like once it's already been targeted it's gg (similar to safe zone). I think Forbidden Lance is still better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in many ways Forbidden Lance is better but Garments is quite flexible as well. Its another Lance to prevent destruction but you don't get to stop cards like Mind Control. I'd still give it a go.

      Delete
  3. I wish everyone stack Storm for me sia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change your deck's rarity into GR and use triple layers of thick sleeves. That will do the trick. LOL!

      Delete
  4. My apprentice , why you so strong ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learn from the best master. You have taught me well. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I saw both videos, will there be a third?

    I hella don't know why he did discard Veiler for PWWB o.O

    As far as my eyes dont betray me he had Dragonfly, Mind Control, Dark Hole and Veiler on hand. By discarding Veiler, he missed out his options ... why not discard Mind Control if you got Dark Hole on hand eitherway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. That depends on Mike. Hehehe! I'd like to know as well. Its probably pressure. Playing the same guy who defeated you two-nil again isn't fun.

      Delete
  6. hmm , i've played againts him(dexter) last week , and i drew double darkflare , double chaos sorceror , a dark arm , and a fucking lighpulsar?
    draw again. a frigging effect veiler.
    man , gotta be carefull when i played againts him next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your eyes open and if you see anything suspicious, don't be like me, call him out on it.

      Delete