04/03/2013

Obsessions And Possessions



I went to locals on Sunday to check out how the scene is going around but unfortunately there was a Vanguard tournament held on the same day so no Yugioh happened. Instead of heading straight back I decided to chill with a friend of mine and chat with some of the familiar faces in the shop to see if I can learn more about how the Meta is shifting. Funny enough almost everyone answered “Verz” when I asked which is the most played deck in Kuala Lumpur right now. With that cleared up, it is certain that the key aspect of Asia Qualifiers in Malaysia will revolve around Verz. However, I did notice Fire Fist variants picking up pace and people slowly abandoning Mermails (interesting I must say.)

While I was play-testing with a friend, I notice random players coming up to me asking about Incarnate Dragons and whatnot. Although Suppressors are indeed being given the attention they deserve I highly doubt Incarnate Dragons would define Asia Qualifiers due to Verz still holding the most position in this country’s Meta and the price tag Suppressors come with. RM60 for a piece of Dragon isn’t exactly cheap when you need all four of them together with their new draw power which is charting up to RM70 market value as of now. At a minimum cost, all four dragons and triple pieces of Seven Stars Draw comes to RM900 not including the rest of the deck. Having said that, I am sure Blaster and Redox will make their debut in Asia Qualifiers.

The only problem I have right now is Dragunity Phalanx not being an official tournament card. Damn right I have been keeping my Dragunities for far too long why don’t Konami just reprint that little fucker already?! (At least make the dude official LOL) As for Prophecies, the good players know how broken Divine Judgment of the Spellbook is and the common players are playing the waiting game for now. (Probably after ACQ Prophecy will take the throne from Verz.) Fire Kings are here and there but no real sign of them coming up yet. So, both decks are in the Tier 2 category for now. As to Mermails’ position, I need to observe for another week to make a conclusion. Right now I have access to Hieratics, Heroes, and Verz (Dragunities are out of the question) but I do not know which to run for Asia Qualifiers. Leave some comments to share your opinion and as always remember to play smart, fight hard, or go home a loser. Thank you for spending time here!

10 comments:

  1. Play Fist either 4 or 3's, if not go with Verz and tech some shit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Tech some shit" i like the sound of that. :D

      Delete
  2. Verz with mained EEVs for more sh1ts

    ReplyDelete
  3. become judge, get free kai fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The key to ACQ is always concern about ur limited 15 side decking. Meta now seems to be diversify or healthy a bit u can say. Looking back 2012 ACQ, correct me if i wrong.. majority Insector n winner insect??

    If I were you, ill go for one of these; verz, hieratic, hero but built it in a different way compare to others n make it unique n consistently n win it at ur best shot.

    Good and Best of Luck to you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, back then it was Inzektors all the way. Its slightly diversify now but no doubt Verz and Fire Fist will be the two biggest contenders. Rogues will be rogues.

      Hahaha! Working on that now. Thank you and best of luck to you as well if you are participating!

      Delete
  5. If you guess right that majority are Verz & Fire Fist, then the chances of ur winning increase coz ur side deck are against these two. Still, like u mention earlier Mermail is GOD-LIKE. So yeah.. you will never know till the last min you bring ur Chaos Dragon to ACQ. HAHA

    Respect to YGO WCQ 2012 Top 32 ~ !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Mermails. If not i would have run them without a doubt. :(

      Hahaha! Yeah, heavy siding for Fire Fist and Verz. I don't run Chaos Dragons but you'll never know if i decide to fuck it and go YOLO with Hieratics. lol

      Delete