26/03/2013

A Calling


First off, congratulations to Sam Kee for winning the Asia Championship Qualifiers 2013! Best wishes to him as he will represent Malaysia yet again in a battle between giants. Now to my side of the event, I piloted Verz and scrubbed to 3-Axis Fire Fist. What attributed to my loss was my greed clouding my own rational judgments. That’s all there is to say about the match. However, the real reason for my loss yesterday was a long list of bad habits I picked up months away before the tournament. In easier words, I slacked off. It is as simple as that. Top quality players obtain results through hard work and countless amounts of play-testing, discussions, and personal methods they have to improve. What they achieved in months I “tried” to duplicate in a matter of weeks. This is not an excuse nor is it complaint for some sort of justification. I am sharing this because I feel it would benefit others.

The case above clearly shows how taking shortcuts wouldn’t amount to any real results. I had as much time and probably as much commitments as others but the end product differs so remember this, if you want to be on top of your game do not ever try to do things the easy way. Hard work and effort IS the key to becoming successful. You may be good but once you slip off you lose the edge you have. I had my own killing fangs but I lost my predatory senses (call it exaggeration if you want but truth be told that’s how reality is.) As for now, I remain a rookie in the YGO competitive scene and my first real success continues to remain elusive. But I will be back and the next time things will end up different. 

Last but not least, shout outs to HLG’s great performance in Malaysia Asia Championship Qualifiers 2013! Check out their Facebook page for event coverage. Also, thank you GQ for mentioning me in your post (appreciate it a lot.) We will continue to work on Hieratics to make it a fearsome weapon once again. Much discussion and play-testing is needed. I still hold on to my dream of making it to the top tables with Hieratics. I might stop blogging for a bit as part of my new method of improvement but we shall see how things go about. Thank you for reading!

1 comment: