22/11/2012

Fly Your Own Flag


These days I have been on and off Yugioh-related activities. I haven’t completely abandoned Yugioh and preparations for Top Store this coming Sunday are in progress. Not sure if this is the right way to feel but I am almost not worried at all and my mind remains calm (hopefully I don’t get the nerves on the day itself.) However so far everything is running on the right track. There are no second guesses with the top competitors of this tournament, Mermails is the deck to beat (the rest is secondary issues.) Having said that, the overall Meta will consist of Agents, Dark Worlds, Heroes, and Wind-Ups in the bunch as I believe. Rogues will be rogues I suppose. 

Lately, I have been giving a certain card ample amount of attention. While this card might not be the brightest among all but it serves a great purpose in certain kinds of decks. What kind decks you ask? Namely Anti-Meta beat variants that rely solely on cards like Skill Drain to control the board accompanied by big beaters such as Beast King Barbaros, Fusilier Dragon the Dual-Mode Beast, and the usual suspects. As many of you might have guessed by now that card is non-other than The Seal of Orichalcos. If you construct a deck mainly consisting of 1900 ATK and above monsters than plus 500 ATK to them, what would happen? It’s not even a dogfight anymore! 

                                    (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seal_of_Orichalcos)

At first sight, Orichalcos isn’t exactly the best of cards to tech or run due to the torrential amount of drawbacks it floods it’s user with. With that said, in the right deck (like the one mentioned above) it could be an asset you don’t want to leave out. Nifty once per turn destruction immunity which is annoyingly good (though only being able to activate this card once per duel isn’t exactly attractive.) Getting your opponents to waste cards is always a good tactic. Bear in mind that I am only suggesting The Seal of Orichalcos as a tech for decks that can get the job done with big beaters alone (due to the tasty 500 addition ATK points.) An interesting thought would be siding Orichalcos in a Dark World deck. That addition 500 boosts basically turn a majority of mostly ran Dark World monsters a tribute target for Deck Devastation Virus which in return wrecks Wind-Ups and to a certain extent, Mermail variants. Well, Gates does make Beiige and Snoww big but Seal makes them bigger. So, yeah, in a way the bigger the better (not necessarily?) Perhaps if you would like to duke it out a different way in a mirror match, Orichalcos might be one of the solutions (I am just saying.) A Grapha which is bigger than another Grapha, man, the thought of that is simply amusing! Frankly, steamrolling the opposition is already nasty enough. Ultimately, Orichalcos is fucked up. Do share if any readers have been playing around with this card.

On a side note, a big part of why I am blogging is because of the feed-backs you receive at the end of your article. It is such an important form of communication that can be found commonly yet so rarely seen these days. You can own a Facebook account with hundreds or maybe even thousands of friends but still find it unlikely to interact in this manner (maybe it's just me.) May it be positive or negative (constructive or personal comments), either way you get something out of it at the end of the day. Well, I can't speak for everyone but this is how I feel about it. You learn so much from just a few comments. This is something I thought I had to share with my readers and I appreciate all the support everyone has given to this blog. This is a reminder for me to always thank those who have taught and helped me. Thank you for reading!

10 comments:

  1. It's amazing in Malefics. Seal plus TKRO and a Malefic etc ;) I wouldn't use it in DW though, you'd prefer have Gates on the field the majority of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, how could i have forgotten about Malefics. Easy access to DDV and EEV. That's pretty nasty in a lot of ways. Good one! Gates is important but sometimes you just want something else if you get what i mean.

      Delete
  2. Yep they pretty much nerfed Seal to the extreme ... It should have been better and would have been not broken ... this way its jsut not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly man. If Orichalcos didn't come with a "Once Per Duel" condition, man, it would have been a card with plenty of usage. From a different standpoint that is.

      Delete
  3. That attack boost will be good in some matchups. I was thinking of a different card, but concept wise, I think we're both on the same page here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, at times powering it through is a viable solution. Write a post about yours bro. Hehehe!

      Delete
  4. A right timed Seal may be catastrophic for the opponent. I'm trying out the Seal in my Photon Lightray deck, because Seal + Lightray Daedalus = fun.
    I've got a few other ideas about how to use it, but first I have to test it to see if the ideas actually work :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your point. A well-timed Seal is definitely gonna turn a few screws around. Daedalus and Orichalcos huh? Not bad. Do share them when you have tested them. :)

      Delete
  5. Lol this is a very interesting tech for dw mirror ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be game changing or suicidal. If you draw into your DW mobs, good. If not, fuck. :)

      Delete