11/11/2012

Happiest Day Of My Life


I will make this a quick post since nothing eventful happened at my side. But before all the random rants and whatnots I would like to give Team MYM a big congratulation for winning the Malaysian Qualifiers giving them a chance to represent and compete for Malaysia against other Asia regions. Congratulations to Andrew Ng,  Shahmir Roshidi, and Zack Teoh  for making it big today! My jokingly idol can finally make an appearance in Digital Mortal! LOL! Good games were played by them.

So, what’s the story to my side? One day before the tournament I had to travel to another state for business. Didn’t manage to get any sleep though I was able to make it back in time for the tournament itself, don’t ask me how. It’s a long story and I owe a dear friend of mine a very big favour. Not getting any  sleep wasn’t really a problem since I’m  used to burning the midnight  oil  for days however I must say the long wait for seeded players’ turn to compete was pretty much tiring and exhausting (4-5 hours of wait.) When our turn finally came, well, it wasn’t as what I was expecting. Here goes:

TOP 16 (Dark Worlds, Sorry I forgot your name)

GAME 1: I open with all my combo pieces and drew into back-row removals. You get the drill.

GAME 2: Opponent had answers to my important plays. Concede.

GAME 3: Flip Macro Cosmos up and beat him down with Tefnuit. 

Officially, my match was discontinued due to both my teammates losing at their end. I don’t know what happened and at this point I’m just looking to let bygones be bygones. Somehow whenever I qualify in a major event as one of the seeded players, shit happens. Perhaps I should try playing from bottom on the day itself and see if there is any change in luck. You bring the best of it home when things don’t look as bright but honestly I don’t know whichever can be considered the best moments of today (maybe it’s those times LGQ, Shahmir, Izzat, and me cracking random jokes while  waiting for  our turn to play.)So, yeah, added another Top to my competitive record but to me it’s an undeserving one. Today’s loss has no difference compared to a first round defeat. Honestly, it felt like all my effort was a waste of time and energy. But that’s not going to bring me down. This is all for this time, hopefully, I will be bringing some good news with Top Shop. Thank you for dropping by!

2 comments: