03/11/2012

Zombies, Hordes, Whatnots


 
Every ancient civilization feared one thing, the horde. It is as if every time someone decides to centralize all the random people in one city and live peacefully another bunch of randy willies have to come by and wreck the place up. The thought of the horde has always haunted our ancestors. I suppose that is why some individuals fear zombies even though they are slow and sloppy. Problem is, zombies don’t come alone. They are like little punks in some ways. Often picking fights and attempt to remedy the situation by bringing a gang, well, that’s how it looks most of the time. I ensure you I am not going out of topic. The horde is a metaphor for what we are about to review.
 
Take a minute to consider your worst fears while participating in a tournament. Is it not having all the cards you need? Or is it the lack of preparation due to you shagging too much? Nah, those are hardly the answers. Probably the most accurate answer is the fear of having to face a rogue deck. Yes, what I meant by a horde is the rogue groupies you could potentially run into. I am not going to go in depth with this article as I have always encouraged early preparation, knowing your Meta, and whatnots. With Asia Plus soon approaching (eight days to be exact), I hope everyone participating has already made the necessary preparations and have reached a conclusion with their own decisions. Best of luck to each and every team contending in Malaysia Asia Plus 2012!

Going back to the so-called zombies in the upcoming tournament, i can’t give you an accurate list on what rogues are going to appear but here is a quick reference if you don’t know the shits in Malaysia’s Asia Plus Meta:

-Gladiator Beasts
-Frog Monarchs
-Final Countdown
-Exodia Self-Touch

Somehow these four decks keeps popping up at the top of my head whenever I try to figure out the potential rogues that I might have to come face-to-face with and LGQ isn’t bullshitting when he says Member 2 is the special one. Be a believer! NO, DARK WORLDS AND KARAKURIS AREN’T ROGUE DECKS! This ain’t no Asia Championships or Nationals dog, this is Asia Plus! Though there is one deck i am unsure where to place it, Perfect Herald. It has seen success in Asia Plus. So, get your head straight and know how to play against whatever you think qualifies as a rogue deck. I’ll come up with a more general article soon. This post is to serve as a quick reminder. Thank you for spending time here!

4 comments:

  1. Your first paragraph sounds like a program I just watch recently on History Channel.

    Also, I dare my opponent to play Frog Monarch against my team's player B XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the History Channel? Its our local television channel or Astro? I haven't watched TV in a long time. Hehehe!

      LOL! Later mirror match. :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm not sure if anyone is actually gonna run that but, yeah, i guess you could categorize BF as one of the rogues as well.

      Delete