26/11/2012

From Now On I Shall Believe In The Words Of Prophet GQ


Today is Malaysia Top Store 2012 and here is my report on it. I basically started the day being half-awake and made my way to KL feeling dazed as hell. Well, it is a “major” tournament but the lack of overseas trip in the prize wasn’t exactly exciting if I must say though that being the case I did not want to perform poorly. To be honest, I was there because I earned a spot earlier on and at this point I probably had enough of competitive Yugioh for this year. Without further ado, enjoy my side of the report. My so-called idol decided to sleep at home with his Crystal Beast.

Malaysia Top Store 2012
Format: 5 Rounds of Swiss cut to Top 8
Deck Used: Hieratics

ROUND 1 (Heroes, Heng Johnson)

GAME 1: I drew utter garbage and Tragoedias weren’t good enough to stall until I could make a comeback. Too many back-rows and too little cards for me to spare so basically I got KOed for no apparent reason. Absolute Zero is a big bitch.

GAME 2: Raioh says hello and smacks him to death.

GAME 3: I dropped Gorz earlier and wall up to prevent Absolute Zero from having suicidal thoughts. We both drew and passed for a couple of turns but I still could not draw into cards I need to close this game for good. A few turns later I ate a Mask Change, Miracle Fusion, and Excalibur. Definitely regretted my decision regarding Puppet Plants.

XOX
(0-1)

ROUND 2 (Dark Worlds, Mun Yen Ho)

GAME 1: I drew decent stuff but Grapha had answers to all my beaters. Ate an early Skill Drain and got stuck with Force Focus to hold field. As soon as Gates hit the field it was GG for me. Grapha destroyed my camera and it went downhill from there on.

GAME 2: This time I opted to push for early damage with M7 and Gustav  Max. Macro Cosmos was on field and life seems good at this point but he top-decked a Duality and revealed Dark Hole! Field got smashed and took a Trance Archfiend poke. My turn to top-deck, I open Hieratic Seal of Convocation, searched out Tefnuit, and Special Summoned it to prevent myself from taking anymore unnecessary damage. Guess what? He tops a Tour Guide and went YOLO with Acid Golem. I prayed to God and rip Black Luster Soldier-EOTB from the top of my deck to close this game. Yugioh happened people, Yugioh happened.

GAME 3: Early Macro sealed the game and Hieratics did their usual job. One turn kill baby!

XOO
(1-1)

ROUND 3 (Heroes, Woon Kai Yi)

GAME 1: Miscalculated, misplayed, and got outsourced. I think I was half-asleep.

GAME 2: Early farming with Card Car D and M7 gave me some pretty solid control and I went for the OTK as soon as Heavy Storm decided to grace me with its presence. Thank you very much!

GAME 3: I fell asleep again. Miscalculated, misplayed, and got outsourced. His back-rows prevented me from going into M7 and I took a Gagaga Gunman to the knee. I seriously regret taking out Puppet Plants from my Side-Deck.

XOX
(1-2)

ROUND 4 (Agents, Sorry I forgot your name)

GAME 1: Maxx “C” says hello to Venus while Photon Streak Bouncer held my field long enough. Master Hyperions aren’t good enough when Forbidden Lance stabs them during Damage Step.  

GAME 2: Raioh beat! Maxx “C” raped! Force Focus and Photon Streak Bouncer stood around attending to their own roles. Good game much.

OO
(2-2)

ROUND 5 (Six Sams, Ivan Chen)

GAME 1: M7 and Effect Veiler controlled the board. I drew double Veilers and kept on recycling them with M7’s effect until he had no more resources to spare. Seriously M7 is messed up!

GAME 2: He had nothing and I did everything. YOLO!

OO
(3-2)

I didn’t manage to squeeze into Top 8. To be honest, I was rather disappointed but what could I have done? The only matches I lost were to Heroes and if I had Puppet Plant things would have gone the other way around. Moral of the day, keep my Plants in as long as Heroes continue to roam the Meta. As usual we had fun and all. Check out GQ’s post for the rest of our eventful day after entering the scrub corner. Man, the jokes we cracked! From now on I shall keep in mind with whatever LGQ says and quotes because it was damn accurate. That earned him the prophet title. No shit guys! I’ll be back with more informative and interesting articles in the next few days. Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Ahaha your reports are always hilarious. Only thing worse than Gunman to the knee is Gunman burn to the knee in time while your opponent is turtling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man, haven't seen you around for the longest time! Hehehe! Yesterday was the first time i got burned by Gunman. It used to be me doin' that bullshit to people. I suppose karma is catching up. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Can you post your deck list? Is the only way you go into gustav with tragoedia and REDMD?

    I have been thinking of using Exodius to drop a Gustav from nowhere lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a deck update very soon. Yes, i've been using Exodius ever since REDMD got hammered to one. Constantly changing between Hanzo built and Exodius built for testing but finally decided to stick to my own one-two-punch. :)

      Delete