20/05/2012

Breaking The Curse, 1


Today was the first WCQ seed tournament and as expected many big names showed up. I wasn’t really worried much but it didn’t end well for me either. Good or bad, here is my first tournament report. The blog needs one. Hopefully, I’ll do better the next time. Congrats to LGQ and Mike for making it to the Finals! Well played. Luckily LGQ won if not I would’ve had to change my blog’s name to Dueling Legacy 2. LOL! Let’s start the storytelling!

WCQ Seed Tournament
Format: Swiss (Asia)

ROUND 1, INZEKTORS

Game 1: I tried to force an OTK but failed to do so. Didn’t have the necessary resources. Next turn, he played the Red-Yellow-Green+Zektkaliber combo on me. Nothing much to say.

Game 2: Opponent dropped Tragoedia and I failed to OTK him. He started his turn with Heavy Storm and it was scrub-de-dub-dub from there. LOL

XX
(0-1)

ROUND 2, INZEKTORS

Game 1: He set one card and end turn. I activated MST and it was Call of the Haunted. Knew he drew garbage as soon as I saw that card. Proceed to herp derp. Hieroglyph OTK.

Game 2: Push for OTK and met my old best friend, Swift Scarecrow. Red-Yellow-Green combo sealed the second game for my opponent.

Game 3: Met my best friend again when i attempted to OTK him during the second turn. But i've Macro Cosmos and Solemn Judgment this time. Once i flipped Macro Cosmos it was Scoop Phase for my opponent.

OXO
(1-1)

ROUND 3, HIEROGLYPHS (LGQ)

Game 1: Hieroglyphs gave him a warm welcome. 

Game 2: He controlled the field with Drago and I could not draw any outs. 

Game 3: He drew bad I think but managed to grabbed my Drago and control the board. I had no answers. 

OXX
(1-2)

ROUND 4, INZEKTORS 

Game 1: Hieroglyphs OTK

Game 2: Got raped by the Red-Yellow-Green combo again. Didn’t draw anything good for me to fight back.

Game 3: Rush with Photon Strike Bounzer. At this point i was at a winning position and my opponent keeps drawing rubbish. Could see from the look in his eyes. One more draw and i was confident to end the match but i had my doubts. I was expecting Mind Control and as precaution I set my Forbidden Lance. My opponent top-decked Mind Control! I think. His expression changed immediately. He attempted Mind Control as expected and I chain Lance, this is the part where God denies my intellect, he flipped Solemn Judgment on me. I previously read that card as a dead trap. Checked my next draw and it was a Tfeni Dragon. I have Dark Hole, Aset Dragon and Nephthe Dragon in hand. FML! LUCK Y U NO HELP ME?! LOL

OXX
(1-3)

ROUND 5, GRAVEKEEPERS

This was the player who knocked me out of Asia Qualifiers. I knew I no longer had the chance to make the top cuts but decided to play it off no matter how it turns out. I wanted to get my revenge as well and also to face my nightmare, Royal Tribute.

Game 1: Drew multiple MSTs and farmed enough with Card Car D. I had Heavy Storm in my hand and my opponent has 3 back-rows. Activated Storm regardless, I knew he didn’t have Starlight Road and it must have been either a Solemn Judgment or Dark Bribe, indeed, he chain with Dark Bribe. I drew and it was Hieroglyph Seal of the Gathering. It was herping and derping for me. 

Game 2: MST denied Necrovalley every time he activated one. Drew dead monsters and died to his Recruiter beats. GG!

Game 3: This game was God attempting to mind-fuck me. I drew the same OTK Hand during Asia Qualifiers and died to his Royal Tribute. I was hoping he didn’t had Royal Tribute and for the love of God my opponent set 2 back-rows and ended. MSTed his Starlight Road and Heavy Stormed him. The rest is history. 

OXO
(2-3)

I later found out that he had no Commandant and Necrovalley in hand. So, I was saved in a way. Though I scrubbed pretty badly and drew garbage almost for the entire tournament I managed to win my revenge match. Well, life sucks at the moment. But I’ll be back for a seat in the top spot again. Hopefully this time luck will be on my side. Overall, it was a fun day. A lot of jokes going around. This is all for today. I don’t want to scrub anymore. Thank you for reading and share me some luck bros!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I need to find my consecutive topping streak again and win a big title. Don't like scrubbing.

      Delete