06/05/2012

Tilting The Hourglass And Sirens Soliloquy


I doubt this matters but we are already amidst the WCQ season here in Malaysia. A month or so before the day itself. Check out LGQ’s blog for more info regarding the qualifications and stuff. I have provided enough for readers to get an idea how the tournament would look like, Meta-wise. Not much to share lately as I have been busy with work and studies at the same time. Writing thesis and briefs continuously is rather amusing. Nonetheless, preparation for WCQ should be done. If you are a serious contender, I urge that you begin preparations and all if you have not. As usual, I hope to do better in WCQ compared to Asia Qualifiers. 

To serve as a reminder, here are a few decks would make up the Meta in Malaysia. Keep a look out for them and make sure you are well prepared. Do not get cocky when you face them because they are not the top Meta. They are capable enough to smash you well and good. Here comes the list:

-Inzektors
-Hieroglyph Variants
-Six Sams
-Rabbit Variants
-Dark World
-Chaos Dragons
-Lightsworns
-Gravekeepers
-Machina Variants

I am not going to include rogue decks. And no, Gravekeepers, Lightsworns, and Six Sams are not rogue decks in Malaysia. They are alive! This is a prediction and my opinion on what decks will appear on the day itself. Take time to prepare and practice. Screw long term planning since it does not work, focus on one game at a time. As for tech cards, there are a few choices which will prove very useful in this tournament. Depending on your skill level and play-style. Some cards I would recommend trying out are:

-Forbidden Lance
-Forbidden Chalice
-Mind Crush
-Safe Zone

They require no explanation. The cards speak for themselves. Hopefully, I can come up with a better post tomorrow. As for my own progress, I am done with my main-deck and extra-deck. There are still a couple of changes I need to do with my side-deck before the tournament day arrives. Play-testing has never stopped. And yes, shit has always been serious. Either you play smart, fight hard or go home a loser. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them below. Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. wanna testplay sometime? since my final exam finishes 2 days from now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sure man. I need to play against a good Hieros player. Mirror match training. :)

      Delete