01/05/2012

A Long Way To The Light


A big part of life deals with a sense of need and want. Though it isn’t always the most important aspect in life but it influences one’s decision entirely most of the time. The drive to improve, the need to satisfy one’s subtle greed, wanting a better life and so on. All these can be easily be related to Yugioh.  Work has continuously brought me to my knees when it comes to time. Never really had time for anything else. Probably due to the fact that I’m constantly seeking a better life and the need to fulfill my ego, to be the best in whatever I choose to do. This mindset has brought me to great heights if I must say so. Perhaps people who know me personally will see the relevance of this point more then others but however the conclusion unfolds it is crucial to let yourself understand what I’m trying to convey in this post. I doubt it would be clear cut but if you do take time to interpret you might find this post rather helpful in some sense.

The fear of losing has never cease to haunt me. Losing itself wasn’t an enemy instead it was the fear that ultimately brings you to a point where you would just want to let go and quit fighting for what you believe in. It was the same when I started playing Yugioh and it will continue to be the same in everything else I do. I do agree having this mindset occupying your thoughts can be devastating towards outer elements. Having said that, each individual needs to accept the reality which is pinned down in them. It is nature’s way for us to accept challenges and despise lost. Some may say, play the odds or choose to react instead of assuming. Many choose to forget how experience rewards in both ways. May it be winning or losing. This I understood better compared to anyone else. Thus why I wish to share this principle in life with my fellow readers (duelists). Do not allow excuses to influence reality and the possibilities you potentially hold. The past writes a finished story, the present decides who you are, the future remains a mere abstraction of who you can be. Remember, the decisions you make today will play a part to what the future has for you. Create a better place for yourself and do not choose to live in fear. The next you win or lose, be the person who offers a handshake first.

Not everyone is a master. But one should not bind themselves of what they can achieve. Talent plays a part, most of the part, but do not overlook effort and commitment. Maybe these aren’t the most accurate words however it may seem I hope you receive the positive side of it. The sole purpose for this blog was to share my knowledge of the game with others and at the same time to learn from others. Criticism is necessary for one who wishes to improve. Constructive or destructive criticism, nothing is personal. That is life. I’m not sure where I am heading with this post but I know is, thank you for helping me reach where I am with this blog. I would have never imagine to have so many readers at such a short amount of time and I must admit I have learned more compared to a solitary environment. Hopefully, Digital Mortal will continue to provide informative and educative points to how you, as a duelist and a person, can improve. Thank you again for your support! This marks the end of April and I promise you May would be a better month to how much further this blog will grow. Stay tuned for more critical insights!

2 comments:

  1. I just thought i'd say : Great job, and i like your writing/blogging bro !!! Keep up the good work !!!!

    ReplyDelete