28/05/2012

Breaking The Curse, 2


Regardless last week’s results, I was hoping to do better in this week’s Seed tournament. In a way, I did. However, I don’t feel this is the best I can be. Having said that, today’s tournament has given me plenty of insights on how to fix and bring my deck to a further level. Managed to test out some of the techs I have in mind and all. Disappointing but rewarding.

WCQ Seed Tournament
Format: Swiss (Asia)

ROUND 1 (INZEKTORS)

Game 1: Drew double vanillas and POD into triple REDMD. Couldn’t do much with that kinda hand.

Game 2: Bouncer and Macro Cosmos controlled the game and my opponent had no outs to my tactics. Most of his key cards died to my CED and Macro combo. Bouncer FTW!

Game 3: Basically did the same thing. But my opponent managed to rip a Dark Hole and cleared my Bouncer off the field. The game dragged on long enough as I had Macro Cosmos on the field and he couldn’t do anything until he was rewarded for his patience with a top-deck Heavy Storm. That didn’t kill me and I had Tfeni, Aset and Emerald Dragon in hand, rip my ace REDMD but Veilers were apparently stronger. Couldn’t turn the tables, Inzektor popworks killed me the next turn.

XOX
(0-1)

ROUND 2 (INZEKTORS)

Game 1: He surprised me with a well-played Zektkaliber Rush OTK combo. I was afraid of committing on the field as I had no back-rows.

Game 2: Bouncer and Macro Cosmos held the fort long enough. He had no outs to my desperate plays of spamming big monsters. OTK later on.

Game 3: Same thing happened and yet again my opponent managed to top-decked a Heavy  Storm to clear my Macro Cosmos. He Dark Holed  my Bouncer  and proceed to rush me. I had Tfeni in hand and I drew into a vanilla next turn, did what I had to do but Veiler denied my efforts.

XOX
(0-2)

Off to a terrible start and I was clearly dissatisfied with how I performed so far. Not sure whether if It was me playing bad or my opponents having the time of their tournament. Man, you don’t know how desperate I was to overcome this situation. Regardless, I cleared my head and looked ahead. 

ROUND 3 (LIGHTSWORN)

Game 1: I drew a decent hand for the first time during this tournament. Man, was I happy as a hippie. So, yeah, he flipped Royal Decree up and all I had to do was OTK him.

Game 2: Had a few turns of draw-and-pass. It wasn’t that long until I drew all my required pieces to OTK. My attempts were denied with an Honest and shortly after that a Dark Hole. Well, life goes on.

Game 3: Bouncer, Drago and Macro Cosmos denied all my opponent’s efforts. Bouncer is definitely my ace today. I LOVE YOU BOUNCER! LOL! First win in this tournament!

OXO
(1-2)

ROUND 4 (CHAOS DRAGONS)

I don’t remember clearly how it went but my opponent couldn’t catch up with how I played. As soon as I saw Future Fusion I knew he was playing Chaos Dragons. I only had to make Atumus and Special Summon to keep the field locked. In one of those games, he was able to break apart my Atumus+Drago combo with a Dark Hole but Solemn Judgment and Photon Streak Bouncer proved too much for him to handle. Also, I disrupted his plays a lot of times with Electric Virus and ended up killing him with his own Light Pulsar Dragon and REDMD.

(2-2)

ROUND 5 (???)

My opponent didn’t want to play me. It was initially a no-show but he showed up a couple of minutes later and said he wasn’t in the condition to play against me. Not sure what was going on but, yeah, a win is a win. I think he was running Machina Gadgets. Remembered him watching a few of my matches and smiled at me a couple of times. Weird moments. 

(3-2)

At this point, I was sure I made a good come-back in my record and pretty sure I would squeeze in the tops. Soon enough my prediction were shattered and as I placed 10/11th in the standings. Salty much. Missed the Top 8 spot by a few points. Here comes another end in my attempt to top once again. Honestly, I’m desperate to regain my topping and winning streaks. Time to make a trade with the big boss above for better luck. Also, congratulations to Andrew Ng for winning and qualifying to Top 32 of WCQ Qualifiers. There is still some time and I’ll be sure to make the best out of it. Thank you for reading!



4 comments:

  1. Wow, i got to say, i like your article man :D !! It makes me feel good knowing im not the only one giving tourneys my all lolz, great stuff yo !!! Keep it up, you'll top soon enough :D !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Appreciate the support and keep up the good work at your side. I'll be topping and winning soon enough. Tired of this shit. LOL! :)

      Delete
  2. Keep faith, bro. You already have the required skills to top tourneys. The only unfortunate thing is that luck has not been on your side. Despite your recent bad run, you have shown much passion in dueling which is very encouraging to see. I enjoy reading your articles as they keep me motivated. Keep up the good work, bro. Being the humble person you are, I'm sure you will soon find success in tourneys. All the best in your next qualifying attempt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Sean! I'm working on overcoming my slump at the moment. Pretty sure i can make things work for me if i give my deck more attention.

      Delete